5/24: This event is not just for Verizon Subscribers in America, there is also a 7/11 event tie in in Mexico and Yoshinoya in Japan. Updated article to include those promos
5/20: If the Luminous Y Global Challenge is completed, all special weekend participants will have a 4x catch exp bonus instead of the 2x as previously announced! https://pokemongolive.com/post/specialweekend2021/
5/12: Details have rolled out for the Verizon Special Event! Details Follow:
On Saturday, May 29th from 11am – 5pm: Ticketed Players Only can take advantage of the following:
- Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Eevee, Marill, Sableye, Stunky, Spritzee, and Swirlix will be attracted to Incense with increased chance of Shiny Eevee
- Unown V will be attracted to Incense (for Verizon Subscribers in America)
- Unown S will be attracted to incense (For Mexican players participating in the 7/11 Promo event)
- Unown Y will be attracted to incense (For players in Japan participating in the Yoshinoya event)
On Saturday, May 29th 12am – Sunday, May 30th 11:59pm: Ticketed Players Only can take advantage of the following:
- Special Timed research rewarding encounters with Eevee, Spritzee, Swirlix, Deino, and various items
- Increased chance of Lucky Pokemon and Lucky Friends
- 2x Catch XP
- In-game medal
From Friday, May 28th 1pm – Monday, May 31st 1pm: All Players get the following benefits:
- Open twice as many gifts each day
- Trade distance will be increased to 40km
Original Post continues:
An announcement has gone live that there will be a special event for Verizon Subscribers only in Pokémon Go!
Verizon Subscribers will be able to redeem a special code to unlock a special weekend in Pokemon Go! Details have not been released yet, but if they are like the last one, you’ll get exclusive in game clothing and access to Unown as well as special spawns!
To redeem, open up the My Verizon app and go to “Verizon Up.” There will be a banner showing the Pokémon Special weekend ad. Click that and you will get an exclusive code to redeem in the Pokemon Go App, or by signing in to the related Google app.